Thursday, September 1, 2011

J.O.Y. That thing you're supposed to "count it all"

Lord, please make me like Elisabeth Elliot but maybe without the suffering?  Can you make me like DL Moody but not have a city burn down around me?  Oh my...what a classic Navy wife day it was.  It even brought me to blog at 11:30 when I haven't even looked up my blog in seven months.  So so classic.  You know the kind when you just need your husband to pat you on the head and say "I know your day fell a part, honey, but you look cute when you're mad."  Ah cheese wiz.  Yes, about Amy Carmichael, Lord....Could I write a little book called "If" that thousands are going to be inspired by but not suffer through the years of exhausting missionary work in India?  You know Lord, the book of James says that trials produce patience...I kind of feel the opposite of patient when I'm in a trial. It says "Count it all joy when you fall into various trials knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience..." Hmmm how have you tested my faith?
Age 5...Are you going to lose your temper at your sister? No Lord, I shall not lose my temper.
Age 12..Can you handle teaching Sunday School?  Yes Lord, I am your maidservant.
Age 14...Rededicate and start having a radical devotional life? Of course Lord.
Age 21...How about being a missionary to Peru and yes it will get lonely?  I'm  there, Lord.
Age 29...Will you supply every need for your children without losing your temper and teach them every Sunday school lesson in the Bible and continue to maintain a radical devotional life which will in turn radically effect their devotional life and missionary your home until the day you die AND don't lose your temper?  And sometimes you will be lonely..very very lonely.
.....Well Lord...for goodness sake...I can't say You didn't prepare me. WOW. Isn't He good...He lined all that up because He loves me that BIG.  AND so I could blog it all down at midnight after having a classic Navy Wife day.  AND so He could really help me laugh and see me for the the silly girl I am.  I really think He looks straight at me and says, "You DO look cute when you're mad" but then He says very sarcastically, "Now buck up because we have a lot more suffering to do"...He's a funny guy.  I know that because He made me...
Oh sorry, I didn't tell you what's up with the J.O.Y...it's a Navy wife thing...I'll share though.  When having a classic Navy wife day please repeat while face down in pillow and all children are safely on their beds awaiting further interigation which has produced classic Navy wife day..J.O.Y meaning
Jesus...kind of hard to keep panicking when you look at the situation through His eyes
Others...kind of hard to feel sorry for yourself when your children really need your solid example
Yaks...I'm sorry but yaks make me laugh.  What? They do!
Ask any Navy wife about their classic Navy wife day and then give them J.O.Y.  Count it all JOY and go get it done.  This Navy wife is out.



No comments:

Post a Comment