Saturday, April 5, 2014

Is Holy or Happy Your Goal in Marriage?



A wife usually has about 185,435,245,012 cups on the table that they would like their husband to keep full of HAPPY.  They’re all separated and we’d like them all to be full at the same time yet they’re all connected because if one is very empty then we are unHAPPY no matter how full the other ones are. 

 …Tell me I’m pretty…Play with the kids…Take me on dates…Fix broken stuff…Make me custom patio furniture out of restored redwood floors from 1903…clean things unexpectedly…bring home lobster…be a spiritual leader…

Those things make the wife HAPPY.  Husbands fill them and the wife will be HAPPY. 

I have been married for ten years this year. That’s 3,650 days, where for moments or hours or the whole day, I wasted my brain thinking on how one of the cups was not full of enough HAPPY.  If he did that thing would it make me HAPPY?  Yes.  Super HAPPY….but I want all the cups to be full of HAPPY.  Then I will reach the perfection of HAPPY.  I will be on a mountain of HAPPY.

THE MOST UNHAPPY I’VE EVER BEEN IN MY MARRIAGE IS WHEN I AM TRYING TO BE THE HAPPIEST.

It’s called HOLY matrimony not HAPPY matrimony. 

HOLY not HAPPY.

Change the HAPPY to HOLY. 

HOLY meaning set a part…meaning more like Jesus and less like the HAPPY that the world offers.
HOLY meaning set a part from the whole cups full of HAPPY system.  That’s a sinful human woman-made idea.
Throw a rock at through the cups of HAPPY. 

Demolish them. 

Take a deep breath.

Be HOLY.

“And do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your minds…” Romans 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment