Friday, August 16, 2013

My Quiet Time Thoughts on Proverbs 15:16-17

 "Better is a little with the fear of the Lord, than great treasure with trouble.  Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a fatted calf with hatred."  Proverbs 15:16-17


We have been in the beautiful North West for almost half a year now and I can't tell you enough the beauty that surrounds us.  I feel like I'm on a three year vacation to Hume Lake.  The incredible difference between here and that little dusty Central Valley is that most fun things here cost one arm and maybe two legs.  I can't put A back in ballet because than we couldn't buy food.  I can't put any of them in music lessons because than we couldn't buy food.  How are they going to be famous if I don't give them the training when they are five!  This is serious stuff.   Fatted calf around here is literally twice the price now that we don't live down the road from Harris Ranch!  After a couple of months of searching for cheap recreational classes (and cheap beef), I sat down with the Lord and brought Him my disappointment.  He brought me to this verse and said something like this....

A loving child is not created in violin classes.  A loving child is not created in correct classical ballet training. 

A loving child is created in your home...often while building tent forts.  Through the daily, and FREE, goings and comings of a day, a child is learning to love...learning to prefer others...learning to respect authority. 

We have VERY HAPPY dinners of herbs.  We have love not hatred.  I would love a steak right about now but more than that I love listening to the comings and goings of my children playing "cowboys."  Did you know playing "cowboys" is free?  I do want to warn you about something...if you tell them they can put syrup on there cornbread, you will look out the window at one point and see them drinking it.

Okay everybody...have a good day. Finish off you coffee, and go be a good mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment